lxcidxl
=49th= Senior Members

Hacks! An investigation into the million-dollar business of

Postby lxcidxl » Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:10 am

Pi...I.Like
=49th= Senior Members

Re: Hacks! An investigation into the million-dollar business

Postby Pi...I.Like » Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:09 am

Hmm...for about $11/month I can become a super player...

$11 a month

$11.
a month.

$11 a month? Are they nuts? $11/year I could see...but $11/month - no way (yes, I guess I have my price :o )

As I've mentioned to my son on numerous occasions:
"Son, if your dad wasn't so cheap, you could have ...." (fill in the blank) :lol:

Fasttracks0
=49th= Senior Members

Postby Fasttracks0 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:13 am

Yeah, I'm frugal too. I couldn't see paying for something which would detract from the intended play of the game, why play it if you don't like or can't play how it was designed. Some people's kids!

Pi...I.Like
=49th= Senior Members

Postby Pi...I.Like » Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:37 am

I remember some multiplayer FPS game that I tried about 10 years ago - set in the '40's (US versus Germany - it wasn't BF1942 - not that I remember exactly - my first BF game was BF2). My son found a "hack" (was free), that once it was applied, showed shadows of players in two colors (friend/enemy) all over the map (thru walls, etc). So you knew if someone was probably around the corner - but maybe on the other side of a wall (something like that) - so it wasn't guaranteed to turn a corner and shoot - it may be a wall there!

But...it was easy to see who was doing that, however - if I recall, if you died (or something or were waiting to spawn in) - you could change view to anyone else on the map and see what they saw - including the colored shadows and would know they were cheating.

Yes, it was interesting...but after you cycle'd thru everyone's screen (you learned to do that really quick) - you could know who was cheating and who wasn't (I'm sure there were other hacks - that was the only one I knew of/tried).

Yes, it was interesting...but really did detract from the game (and yes, I died a lot - those kids are just way to dang fast!)

Return to “Lobby”